Rovi Search locates the songs, albums, movies, people, and TV shows a user is looking for and makes available extensive amounts of data for each result.
Would you like a quick overview of the calls? Check out The Power of Rovi Search.
Search API Version 2.1
- New in version 2.1: search shows on the television service the customer is watching and return a schedule in the results.
- Search titles and names in music, movies, and television.
- Predict search text as you type.
- Return search results as you type.
- Present custom views of music, movies, or TV, and let the user browse areas of interest and select content.
- Sort songs, albums, movies, people, or TV shows by priorities such as release date, current popularity, and all-time popularity.
- Rovi also offers advanced search capabilities:
- Editorial Search. Return search results based on your editorial point of view.
- Personalized Search. Display enhanced search results based on user profiles and preferences.
- Client Catalog Search. Return search results based only on items available in specific catalogs.
- Merchandise and Promotions Management. Present users with merchandised search results or sponsored and promotional content.
- To give you an idea of how Advanced Search works, here are calls that demonstrate some of the key capabilities of these services. These calls are not intended for use in a commercial application. They are presented here so you can see for yourself the value that Rovi Advanced Search can add to your product or service.
- For information about Rovi Advanced Search, please contact us.